Visiting Hours at DCMH
Welcome to Douglas County Memorial Hospital – DCMH
At Douglas County Memorial Hospital we know that time spent with family and friends is important to the health and recovery of our patients. In this section you will find useful information about visiting a patient. You will also find a list of guidelines we ask all visitors to follow for the privacy and wellbeing of our patients. Facility doors are locked between 4:30pm & 8am.
Our Address is:
Douglas County Memorial Hospital
708 8th Street
Armour, SD 57313
Emergency Medicine Department
Two visitors may remain with each patient or upon staff discretion.
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult in all areas of the facility.
- Patients need plenty of rest. Keep your visits short. Speak quietly and be considerate of those around you.
- Make visits pleasant and cheerful. Bring lots of good news!
- Respect privacy. Knock on closed doors.
- Check with the nurse before giving food. Some patients are on special diets.
- Pay attention to patient room door postings for special precautions.
For your convenience vending machines offering beverages and snack foods are located in the front lobby of the facility.